Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 26 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. We’ve recently been working to dramatically scale our impact in accordance with our bold vision. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders taking on the world’s greatest challenges and accelerates collective action towards an equitable and sustainable world.
Organizational Goals 2030
- Scale our proven investment model from 20,000 to 50,000 women leaders – who together will positively impact the lives of one billion people.
- Make a measurable impact on 1-2 of the greatest challenges as defined by the Vital Voices Global Network – proving the power of collective action.
The Manager of Development Operations and Engagement will work directly under the supervision and guidance of the VP of Strategic Partnerships. The Manager is an internal, development operations expert with strong skills in Salesforce, Asana, Mailchimp, and Excel. This individual will have experience managing budgets and event-based fundraising efforts. This position will play a key role in driving Vital Voice’s revenue growth by partnering with the Chief Development Officer and frontline fundraisers to optimize their engagement with donors. This position is based in Washington, DC with the option of a hybrid work schedule. We are not accepting remote candidates at this time.
Additional responsibilities include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operations: Oversee the operations of Vital Voices development team, including moves management, donor portfolio management, Asana, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and other tools. Train frontline fundraisers on fundraising operations and systems;
- Donor Operations: Streamline the process of donor engagement, from identification to cultivation and stewardship, maximizing the team’s effectiveness in donor interactions;
- Reporting: Develop and maintain fundraising dashboards to track key performance metrics and progress towards development goals. Analyze fundraising data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for optimization, and present these findings to the team and leadership;
- Strategy Coordination: Facilitate productive Development team meetings to discuss fundraising strategies, progress, and solutions for challenges;
- Deliverable Management: Take ownership of reporting requirements for grants, working closely with the development and program team members who are responsible for the writing, as well as finance team members who are responsible for the budgets and financial reports;
- CRM Management: Serve as the lead for all CRM activities and operations. Serve as a Salesforce Administrator for the organization, providing thought leadership and maintenance support on data and data architecture;
- Event Implementation Oversight: Liaise with internal stakeholders managing key events involving donors (E.G., UNGA week, Venice), ensuring seamless coordination and successful execution;
- Prospect Research: Conduct comprehensive research on potential and current major donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations to identify their giving capacity, philanthropic interests, and connection to the Vital Voice’s mission. Create concise and information briefing notes for the CEO and CDO and other frontline fundraisers to guide their interaction with prospects and donors.
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment, and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices’ organization culture and success;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4-6 years of relevant work experience required
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues, refugee issues, and/or human rights preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good discretion, good judgement, and establish and maintain professional relationships with donors, board members, corporate and NGO partners, volunteers and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines. Strong problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Salesforce, Asana, and Mailchimp;
- Experience working cross-functionally to support key objectives and to help team members
This position is a full-time, exempt hybrid position based in Washington, DC with two days of required in person attendance at the Vital Voices Headquarters. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $78,564.77 – $96,023.84 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, earned sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/hq9a?
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.